Transitions are life’s way of asking us to re-examine our present way of being so that we can move forward in a more meaningful way. There are times in life when we need to move on from the old, let go of what is no longer working, and embrace the new. Whilst this can feel challenging and overwhelming in the short term, it can also be an incredibly fulfilling and enriching experience in the long term.
Michelle works with clients who are facing a life change or transition that may include:
- starting or ending a relationship
- getting married
- getting divorced
- having or adopting a child
- starting a new job or career
- completing school
- experiencing significant financial gain or loss
- buying or selling a home
- health issues
- moving house or becoming an empty-nester
- experiencing a loss or death
If you find yourself on the cusp or in the midst of a life transition, and the overwhelm is starting to impact your daily mood, thoughts, feelings and functioning, counselling can be a great support. Counselling provides a safe, comfortable and reflective space to shelter from the storm, explore your thoughts and feelings and process these life events. Counselling support can help you build new foundations, discover what is meaningful, and gain clarity around what you want from your life. It is a place to heal and be heard.
- Individual Counselling sessions are 50 minutes and cost $120.00 per visit.
- The first introductory session will be focus on collecting background information and on identifying the short- and long-term therapeutic goals that will be at the center of treatment.
- Please note that you do not require a Mental Health Care Plan or a doctor’s referral to make an appointment with a Counsellor. Whilst a MHCP entitles you to a limited number of rebated sessions, counsellors do not limit the length of your treatment and fees are charged at a reduced out-of-pocket rate.
Whilst making the decision to meet with a counsellor can sometimes feel daunting, sharing your story and exploring your personal challenges can provide a deep sense of relief. Michelle is a skilled, compassionate practitioner who enjoys working collaboratively with you to manage the thoughts, feelings and behaviours that may be causing distress and limiting your growth, as well as explore strategies that will help you navigate this time of transition. She can help you examine the parts of your life that are no longer serving you, whilst strengthening those that you value and cherish. Counselling can help you gain valuable insight and feel empowered to address the hurdles you face.
Michelle works in a client-centred way and employs a range of evidence-based therapeutic tools including – Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused Therapy, Positive Psychology and Grief Therapy.
It’s important to know that even the most desired changes can bring uncertainty of what lies ahead, and you don’t need to navigate alone.
To book an appointment or discuss your needs further …