“I’m all about sharing my knowledge in a quest to help others find the tools and inspiration they need to pursue a life of happiness, wellness, meaningful connection, peace of mind and a healthy relationship with themselves.”
Michelle Seelig works as a Counsellor, Coach and Mindfulness Educator. She holds a Masters Degree in Creative Arts In Therapy, a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and a Bachelor of Education with a double major in Dance and Media Studies. She is a Mindfulness Meditation Teacher registered with the Meditation Association of Australia, a Level 2 Yoga Teacher registered with Yoga Australia, and a registered Coach.
Michelle’s work combines the wisdom of mind-body medicine with evidence-based counselling approaches, mindfulness techniques, positive psychology tools and therapeutic art-based strategies to heal the whole person and achieve a true sense of wellbeing.
Michelle believes that we have the power to transform the habitual patterns that keep us stuck in perpetual cycles of stress, grief, anxiety, depression, or addiction, and step into greater freedom and peace. She offers practical strategies to calm the anxious mind, transform difficult emotions, and facilitate greater self acceptance, freedom and inner peace.
With clear guidance, whole-hearted support and consistent practice we can all wake up to the thoughts, behaviours and coping strategies that keep us stuck, and create a meaningful, happy, healthy life.
Adopting a holistic approach to wellbeing involves understanding that the mind and body are interconnected and inseparable systems; if we neglect one, the other suffers. Optimal care therefore requires us to look after both. Whilst modern medicine has largely continued to treat the mind and body as two separate entities, in the past 30 years, research into the link between health and emotions, behaviour, relationships and personality has moved both research and treatment from the fringe of biomedical science into the mainstream. Taking an embodied approach that integrates mind-body science offers the self-care aspect that completes the health picture.
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Masters of Creative Arts in Therapy (LaTrobe University)
- Bachelor of Education – Double major in Dance & Media Studies (Victoria University Rusden)
- Certified Holistic Health Coach (Institute of Integrative Nutrition)
- Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
- International Institute of Complimentary Therapists (IICT)
- Yoga Australia (Level 2/ 500hrs)
- Meditation Association of Australia
- C G Jung Society of Melbourne
Further Professional Development
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Schema Therapy Practitioner Level 1
- Foundations of Positive Psychology Certificate
- Advanced Master Program on the Treatment of Trauma
- Body Life Skills for Addiction and Behaviour Change
- Mental Health Care for Transgender, Gender Diverse & Non-Binary Clients training, 2021
- Delegate at the 2019 Body Image & Related Disorders (BIRD) Conference
- Delegate at the 2021 Body Image & Related Disorders (BIRD) Conference