About Michelle Seelig
Hello and welcome. I’m so pleased that you found your way here.
I imagine you’ve arrived wanting to see if there is something about me and the way I work that truly resonates with you. Something that let’s you know you are in safe hands.
Maybe you are looking for clues that I understand what you are going through without judgement. Maybe you want to know that you can tell me your story and it will be held with the deepest respect and sincere compassion.
You’re finally taking time to focus on your own needs, understand why you’re stuck, heal from the past and create a happy, fulfilling next chapter of your life, and you are looking to work with someone you can trust, who can support you to get there.
I too believe that is just what you deserve, because with it, healing happens.
I specialise in midlife counselling.
Based in Melbourne, Australia I work online with clients all over the globe.
I’ve been in the wellness space for over 25 years with a graduate diploma in Counselling, a master’s degree in Creative Arts in Therapy, a bachelor’s degree in Education as well as being an experienced meditation teacher, level 2 yoga teacher and certified wellness coach. And I truly love what I do!
I am sincerely committed to helping women shift deep seated anxiety, patterns of burnout and people-pleasing that I see causing deep distress at midlife.
Midlife often raises the big life questions around meaning and purpose. This can be an intense life passage to navigate.
It can be confronting to realise you have built a life around values you may no longer feel aligned with, choices that no longer feel like a good fit or you may be experiencing a sense of loss around unfulfilled dreams and hopes.
There may be nagging feelings of dissatisfaction, depression, anxiety or inertia. You may recognise that things cannot continue as they are but feel unsure how to improve things.
I support my clients to discover their path out of this stuckness and anxiety, and toward living a more authentic, fulfilling, joyful life.
My own personal journey has profoundly informed all aspects of my professional practice.
I came to train as a counsellor through the doorway of spiritual, creative and therapeutic practices that broadened my own experience and understanding of healing the self. I have spent a lifetime deeply engaged in my own inner journey to becoming whole, and working with clients is deeply personal to me.
This quest began in my late teens, when I became committed to self-discovery and living a truly authentic life. I stumbled upon the wisdom traditions of yoga and meditation and discovered a rich path to healing and wholeness. And later as a young creative I recognised the therapeutic potential of the creative process, and enthusiastically pursued my master’s degree in art therapy to learn more. These were formative experiences that have continued to inform my work and my life ever since.
I have worked in the wellness space now for over 25 years. I have always been a wellness ambassador and educator, interested in holistic approaches to wellbeing and healing, and using my knowledge and understanding to support others.
I have a graduate diploma in Counselling, a master’s degree in Creative Arts in Therapy and a bachelor’s degree in Education (Dance and Photography). I bring a unique range of skills, academic learning and experience to my therapeutic practice.
In addition to formal academic training, I am an experienced meditation teacher, level 2 yoga teacher and a certified wellness coach.
I have a deep understanding of the mind-body connection and bring this embodied orientation into talk therapy sessions.
My unique, evidence based approach weaves together counselling modalities, somatic awareness and mindfulness techniques that facilitate honest introspection, rich self-discovery and profound healing for my clients.
Learning to recognise our authentic self sets us on the path to becoming whole and reaching our fullest potential. And this is at the heart of my work and my approach.
I am deeply honoured to be able to use my training and experience to support midlife women in creating their own rich, meaningful, anxiety-free life.
HOW I WORK
There are 5 pillars that underpin my therapeutic approach.
1. Holistic mindbody techniques to ensure we address the physical, emotional and cognitive symptoms of stress, anxiety, overwhelm and burnout.
2. Psycho-education to allow you to make better sense of your experiences and understand why you might be feeling the way you do.
3. Skill building to enable you to feel more empowered to create change.
4. Trauma-informed approach that respects your story and prioritises emotional safety, a sense of empowerment and your healing process.
5. Strong therapeutic relationship to ensure you feel seen and heard in a comfortable and supportive space that allows you to speak openly without fear of judgement.
It is through these pillars that our work together will help you rediscover the navigation system that is already inside you. You will learn to access your true self, and your own inner knowing.
I work from an understanding that you are the expert in your own life and you have what it takes to heal and recover. My role is to support you in rediscovering your own internal resources.
I check in with you along the way to make sure we are tracking well, that you are getting what you are seeking from our time together. It’s important that we are addressing your therapeutic goals and working at a pace and depth that feels good to you.
The next chapter of your life can be your best yet.
I provide a warm, caring, safe space to explore all the places that are keeping you stuck. Together we will uncover your deep held desires and bring them to life.
You will rediscover your joy and what makes your life feel meaningful.
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Masters of Creative Arts in Therapy (LaTrobe University)
- Bachelor of Education – Double major in Dance & Media Studies (Victoria University Rusden)
- Certified Holistic Health Coach (Institute of Integrative Nutrition)
Further Professional Development
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Schema Therapy Practitioner Level 1
- Imagery Rescripting For Trauma & PTSD Practitioner
- Foundations of Positive Psychology Certificate
- Advanced Master Program on the Treatment of Trauma
- Body Life Skills for Addiction and Behaviour Change
- Mental Health Care for Transgender, Gender Diverse & Non-Binary Clients training, 2021
- Delegate at the 2019 Body Image & Related Disorders (BIRD) Conference
- Delegate at the 2021 Body Image & Related Disorders (BIRD) Conference
- Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
- Australian Psychologists and Counsellors in Schools (APACS)
- International Institute of Complimentary Therapists (IICT)
- Yoga Australia (Level 2/ 500hrs)
- Meditation Association of Australia
- C G Jung Society of Melbourne
Get in touch
I am immensely curious about the experiences that have shaped you and brought you here.
I would love to learn more about you and what you might find helpful at this time.