I am deeply passionate about what I do and consider it a privilege to partner another human being as they courageously navigate the messy process of healing. I bring my warmth and empathy to every session and view the therapy room as a safe and sacred space where you feel at ease and comfortable to be yourself. It’s my job to get to know your story, understand your perspective and offer guidance as we work together to uncover the clues in your story that lead to insight, healing and growth.
I work with clients who are facing a life change or transition that may include:
- starting or ending a relationship
- getting married
- getting divorced
- having or adopting a child
- starting a new job or career
- finishing high school
- beginning or completing university
- experiencing significant financial gain or loss
- buying or selling a home
- health issues
- moving house or becoming an empty-nester
- experiencing a loss or death
Transitions are life’s way of asking us to re-examine our present way of being so that we can move forward in a more meaningful way. There are times in life when we need to move on from the old, let go of what is no longer working, and embrace the new. Whilst this can feel challenging and overwhelming in the short term, it can also be an incredibly fulfilling and enriching experience in the long term.
If you find yourself on the cusp or in the midst of a life transition, and the overwhelm is starting to impact your daily mood, thoughts, feelings and functioning, counselling can be a great support. Counselling provides a safe, comfortable and reflective space to shelter from the storm, explore your thoughts and feelings and process these life events. Counselling support can help you build new foundations, discover what is meaningful, and gain clarity around what you want from your life.
- Individual Counselling sessions are 60 minutes and cost $150.00 per visit.
- The first introductory session will focus on collecting background information and on identifying the short- and long-term therapeutic goals that will be at the center of treatment.
- Please note that you do not require a Mental Health Care Plan or a doctor’s referral to make an appointment with a Counsellor. Whilst a MHCP entitles you to a limited number of rebated sessions, counsellors do not limit the length of your treatment.
How I work:
I’m the expert in your corner who sees you deeply and joins you in the creative process of making meaning and creating change. I work in a highly empathic, collaborative, client-centred way and use a range of evidence-based tools including – Mindfulness, Schema Therapy, Embodied/Somatic therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused Therapy, Art-Based Therapies, Positive Psychology and Grief Therapy.
The work we do together will help you heal from difficult experiences and relationships, become unstuck, rediscover the joy and meaning in your life and ultimately grow into the person you were truly meant to become.
Whilst making the decision to meet with a counsellor can sometimes feel daunting, sharing your story and exploring your personal challenges can provide a deep sense of relief. You will learn to manage the thoughts, feelings and behaviours that may be causing distress and limiting your growth whilst strengthening the parts of your life that you value and cherish. Counselling can help you gain valuable insight and feel empowered to address the hurdles you face.
It’s important to know that even the most desired changes can bring uncertainty of what lies ahead, and you don’t need to navigate alone.
To book an appointment or discuss your needs further …